"The purpose of fire prevention is to prevent or mitigate the effects of fire and disasters, either natural or man-made, on the citizens of the State of Connecticut." - CT Commission on Fire Prevention and Control
"Exit Drills in the Home"
- How would you and your family get out of your home if there were a fire?
- How would they escape from the second or third floor?
- What would you do after everyone is out of the house?
Never go back inside your home for anything!
- All occupants should know two ways out of every room in their home.
- Draw your plan and highlight escape routes.
- Decide on a meeting place outside your home.
- Practice your escape plan.
Source: National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)