Wolcott Volunteer Fire Department
Neighbors helping neighbors...since 1934
Officially incorporated in 1935, the Wolcott Volunteer Fire Department, located northeast of Waterbury, CT, has been serving this small community of more than 15,000 residents since October 29, 1934. The department is comprised of three companies and an explorer program. We average approximately 500 calls per year and are an all-volunteer organization.
From our humble beginnings in a shed on the corner of Central Avenue and Samuelson Avenue, to the expansion in 1939 with the addition of Company 2 and Company 3 in 1950, our department has always provided emergency services to its community in the utmost professional manner.