Companies‎ > ‎

Company 2 - The North End Fire Association

In the summer of 1939, some of the residents of the Northern section of Wolcott felt that the fire protection was too distant to be of much help to their area of town. At this time the only fire protection was the Hitchcock Lake Fire Department, located in the Hitchcock Lake area of town. So in September of 1939 a small group of men got together to establish the towns second fire station which would be called the North End Fire Association.


The membership elected its first officers: James Cummings to serve as the Chief, Bob Seery as the Treasurer and Walter Clark as the Secretary. Their first obligation was to purchase equipment. So they began fund raisers such as dances, dinners, and raffles in order to accomplish this.  At that time the equipment purchased was stored in their homes and transported to and from calls in their own vehicles.


In 1941 the North End Fire Association was incorporated thus opening the way to acquire a small 50’X 50’ lot located on North Street. This land was donated by the Mad River Company.