Companies‎ > ‎

Company 1 - Dedication ~ Pride ~ Service

Company 1 is actively looking for new members
Check our Facebook page to learn more about us and get more information about joining here.

Roast Beef Dinner Fundraiser
RB Dinner
2nd Sat. of May

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wolcott-VFD-Company-1/347792865348014
Like Co. 1
on Facebook

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B31or38VNg43UHRHTldEQkk5SjQ/edit?usp=sharing
History of Co. 1

Company 1 Apparatus
Co. 1 Apparatus
For most of the residents of the Town of Wolcott, the year 1934 passed uneventfully. For a few individuals and the Hitchcock Lake Improvement Association, however, 1934 proved to be quite different. It was on October 29th of that year that several civic-minded men decided that a void in public safety needed to be filled and the Hitchcock Lake Fire Company was formed. Edward Prancy was elected its first chief. The first response logged was a fire at the home of Henry McCann on Alma Avenue. The call came in at 5:30 am on December 3, 1934. Oddly enough, the one piece of equip­ment the department lacked was a fire truck and the men had to carry all the equipment to the scene in their cars.

A charter was applied for on January 14, 1935, changing the name to The Wolcott Volunteer Fire Department, Company One, Inc. Other changes included the movement of a small 
wooden building to the present site of Company One on the corner of Central Avenue and Samuelson Avenue. This original firehouse was barely large enough to house the first apparatus, a rebuilt Model "A" Ford truck acquired by the membership. In 1939, the company purchased a new Dodge truck chassis on which the men built a body and installed the “latest” in firefighting technology, including a 250 gallon-per-minute pump. 

Click on "History of Co. 1" to read more...


                                
                                Company Contact: Deputy Chief Edward Costa (ecosta@wolcottvfd.com)
                                
                                                    Phone: (203) 879-8135    Fax: (203) 879-8134